Audubon, Pa.— October 13, 2016—RSuite is celebrating a decade serving the global publishing community’s automation needs to meet the increasing demands of a multi-channel and multi-device world. With thousands of users around the globe, RSuite has provided the automation tools necessary to reduce time to publication by over 50%. Powered by MarkLogic, RSuite continues to evolve to meet the enterprise publishing needs of Fortune 1000 businesses, government organizations, non-profit associations and standards bodies.
“When we launched RSuite over a decade ago, we knew we were at the forefront of something exciting,” stated Barry W. Bealer, President and CEO at RSI Content Solutions. “Today our success is measured in our client’s ability to completely transform their publishing environment by leveraging the enterprise class capabilities we have built in RSuite.”
“RSuite has been a pioneering product in the enterprise publishing marketplace. Built on MarkLogic, RSuite has enabled customers to leverage the MarkLogic database platform to manage content at scale” stated Matt Turner, Chief Technology Officer, Media and Entertainment at MarkLogic. “We congratulate RSI Content Solutions for 10 years of success with RSuite and look forward to the next 10 years of working together and helping customers integrate data from silos and maximize the value of their content and data.”
About RSI Content Solutions
For over 16 years, RSI Content Solutions has been at the forefront of implementing content management solutions for publishers, media companies, Fortune 1000 businesses, government organizations, and more. With headquarters outside Philadelphia, PA, USA, an engineering center of excellence in Chennai, India, and affiliate offices around the world, RSI has helped over 250 global organizations implement appropriate content management solutions. For more information, please visit www.rsicms.com.
RSuite has been built specifically for organizations that need to publish to multiple channels and to serve as their centralized publishing solution. RSuite is optimized for the creation, management, repurposing and multi-format, multi-channel delivery of content by utilizing an enterprise‐strength of MarkLogic. In addition to its strong XML capabilities, RSuite manages any and all forms of digital assets (MS Word, PDF, images, audio, video, etc.) and all of its associated metadata.
RSuite’s powerful and highly-configurable workflow engine allows customers to implement multiple workflows that incorporate both manual and automated tasks, such as transformations, packaging, delivery, and more. Customers are implementing RSuite to manage the end-to-end publishing process, from content creation through multi-channel, multi-format deliveries. For more information, please visit www.rsuitecms.com.
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this year’s RSuite User Conference and Tech Day. By all accounts, it was a raging success!
Quotes from This Year’s Event:
- “Your clients just like you so much…”
- “I found the user panels and case studies engaging and thought-provoking…”
- “Free headshots? Epically great idea…so much better than free swag!”
- “Leslie…You and your stable system….”
- “1.8 million docs exported in just a few hours…”
- “One-click eBooks!”
- “No click eBooks!”
- “RSuite automation helps reduce external composition costs by 80% while speeding production up by 2 weeks.”
- “Globalization through centralization…”
- “The number of people who have hearts in their eyes for @lisabos at #RSuiteUC16 is staggering.”
A special thanks to our great panelists:
- Matt from StayWell
- Frans from Brill
- John from Slack / The Wyanoke Group
- Keith from SAGE
- Leslie from HarperCollins
- Colin from Oxford University Press
And also to our sponsors:
Thanks again to everyone for making RSuiteUC16 so fantastic…we look forward to an even bigger and better event in 2017!
As we continue to prep for RSuiteUC16, I wanted to dedicate this post to 3 companies who are helping to make it all possible: our sponsors.
For over a decade, organizations around the world have come to rely on MarkLogic to power their innovative information applications. As the world’s experts at integrating data from silos, MarkLogic’s operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database platform empowers our customers to build next generation applications on a unified, 360-degree view of their data. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, MarkLogic has offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Here's a short video by our CTO, Lisa Bos, about MarkLogic and our long-standing relationship with MarkLogic:
XTM International develops XTM, an award-winning online TMS, available via the cloud or on your own servers. The centrally shared TM, terminology, workflow and translator workbench are all accessed via a browser. XTM is cost effective, easy to use, includes filters for all common file types and is built for collaboration. Our global customers range include some of the world’s largest LSPs and enterprises.
Take a minute to visit these companies on the web and follow them on Twitter. After that, make sure you register for the RSuite User Conference so you can meet these companies in person!
For those attending this month’s RSuite User Conference, I’m excited to announce one of the best perks: free consulting! And not free-consulting-only-if-you-happen-to-grab-the-right-person-at-the-right-time; you can actually get a private, one-on-one, face-to-face session with a knowledgeable RSuite engineer to talk about anything you want (at least from an RSuite perspective.)
If you’re looking for advice, have a feature request, need an answer to a question, etc., this is your chance! You will find a sign-up sheet at the registration table when you check in that morning that will allow you to reserve your meeting time.
- When do these sessions happen? These “Ask an Engineer” meetings are available all day on Thursday, September 22nd, as part of the RSuite User Conference (NOTE: no sessions will be held during Wednesday’s Tech Day event). Registrants will have a variety of options available throughout the course of the day, some during breaks and others concurrently with RSUC group sessions.
- How long do sessions last? Conversations are slated for 30 minutes.
- Can I sign up ahead of time? Sessions can only be scheduled the morning of the event.
- Can I request a specific engineer? Yes. You will be able to choose an engineer and a meeting time based on availability. Because we have a limited number of meeting times available, you should plan to arrive early. Sessions will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
I do a lot of research and reading on the topic of customer success. As a result, quotes like these often find their way to a sticky-note, my computer desktop, or a post on Slack:
- “When the customer comes first, the customer will last.” (Robert Half)
- “What’s important is the progression from an organization that targets customers to extract value from a customer base to a fully customer-centric firm that excels at delivering value based on a deep understanding of customers’ needs, wants, and desires." (Robert G. Thompson)
- “Whatever your business is, talk to your customers and provide them with what they want. It makes sense.” (Bob Bowman)
Of course, if you have some stake in RSuite, these sessions will be equally or perhaps even more valuable to you. Below are 3 key reasons why YOU can get "stoked" about these customer panels, too.
Note: you may have noticed (as I did) that my quotes above were all by guys named “Robert.” Keeping in the spirit, I decided to organize my key takeaways below based on famous quotes by other guys named Robert! So have some fun as you read and see how well you know these famous Roberts…
Two roads diverged…
Whether you’re ahead, behind, or on the same version of RSuite as the panelists, it won’t take long to see that no two clients use RSuite in the same way. You can take advantage of this fact by getting this sneak peek into how these other organizations prioritize/incorporate new functionality and how they creatively solve many of the same challenges you face. Attending these panels will give you an unprecedented opportunity to collect ideas and really understand how RSuite has made all the difference.
The best laid schemes…
Another common theme in every RSuite implementation is that enterprise software projects don’t always go exactly as planned…and that’s okay. These customer panels will show you, little Mouse, you are not alone! <grin> Whether you are still considering RSuite or are in your nth phase of development, the experience of others in these panels can become your guide – giving you a huge advantage in your next project and helping you to create success more quickly.
Gotta whole lotta love…
Probably the best thing about these sessions is that you get to hear about real results and real NUMBERS and why these customers LOVE RSuite. Baby, I’m not foolin’…this technology is making a huge difference for clients in tangible ways and these sessions will get you pumped about the possibilities.
Join the RSI team and more than 100 publishing executives on Wednesday and Thursday, September 21st and 22nd.
The RSuite User Conference highlights include talks by RSI executives and product leaders, technical lightning rounds, and customer panels. Attendees will also have the ability to schedule one-on-one meetings with members of the RSuite engineering team. You'll have the opportunity to hear from both new and experienced RSuite customers, learn what their goals were when they first began using RSuite and learn what their successes look like today.
You can catch these sessions in the morning and afternoon.
Space is limited.
While preparing for my upcoming session at #RSuiteUC16, it struck me how much fun I’ve been having with technology lately. While I’ve loved pushing RSuite CMS to new limits for a long time now (we started development way back in 2004), today we find ourselves in an exciting place.
We’ve reached a place with both the RSuite technology and our customers where we can really get serious about going beyond basics of content management.
Possible…and now practical
In the past, some features and functionality in CMS may have been possible, but they simply weren’t practical. Customers were busy trying to establish direction, establish infrastructure, and change culture. They didn’t have head space or time for more advanced functionality. And technology integrations and customizations were not always friendly.
As I look around today, everything has gotten easier. The CMS user base (and management) today just seem to “get it” more; they know what they want to achieve and are far more adaptable to change. At the same time, technology – RSuite and other software – has become increasingly “out of the box,” which is simplifying everything. Projects are easier, empowering organizations to leap ahead to those cool new applications that can really change their business.
So that’s the backdrop for my session at #RSuiteUC16. We’re going to get people excited about the possible and practical in a quick look at the future, including:
- Previews of functionality that has been recently completed or is coming soon, like
- Out of the box workflow reporting
- Easier ways for infrequent CMS users to access RSuite
- Browser-based editors that users love
- Content exploration driven by semantic metadata
- A sneak peek at our product roadmap, including improvements to scalability and security.
- An understanding of how we’re setting priorities (and how you can get involved).
What’s really inspirational about events like ours is that they get you to lift your head up. For at least a day, nobody is asking you to put out fires, so you get the precious freedom to actually think about the longer term and where your business is headed. You also get to meet and learn from people like you at other organizations – and share your own lessons learned.
And we get to show you how RSuite can help… <grin>
We've had a number of requests regarding the agenda for this year's RSuite Tech Day and User Conference in September. I'm pleased to say the details have arrived!
Feel free to tweet this, post this, share this, email this, etc. Most importantly, make sure you reigster to attend!
We had some fun in a recent meeting with the "top 10" reasons to attend our upcoming RSuite User Conference. Curious? Check it out below...
So while the video was lighthearted and homemade and all, the event will actually be fantastic! We're excited about the content and we're excited about our attendee list so far.The full agenda will be revealed in the next week or so, but a few of the highlights include:
- Customer Panels
- Ask an Expert Sessions
- "Lightning Round" Demos of New Functionality
- XML Editing Tools Discussion
- Exploring Workflows in RSuite
Don't miss out!
2016 User Conference & Tech Day
September 21st & 22nd
The Hub CityView, Philadelphia
Just a quick post to invite all interested parties to the 8th annual RSuite User Conference and Tech Day. Join the RSI team, our clients, industry experts, and others as we share the latest in publishing automation and shape the future of content and digital asset management.
- TECH DAY - Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- USER CONFERENCE - Thursday, September 22, 2016
- The Hub CityView, Philadelphia
The full agenda for both days will be published soon, but some of the highlights include:
- Success stories told by our customers
- Showcases of new features and functionality
- Demonstrations related to key industry topics like
- Authoring tools
- Content lifecycle
- Search and discoverability
NOTE: For those who have attended our annual event in previous years, please note that we are switching Tech Day to Day #1 (Wednesday), which will be followed by our Evening Reception and the RSuite User Conference on Day #2 (Thursday). We hope to see you there!
We're having our bi-monthly RSuite Online User Group meeting on Tuesday, July 26. This meeting is for all key end users, IT developers, and executives who have implemented RSuite.
In this edition we'll be:
- Discussing our upcoming RSuite User Conference.
- Showing creative new functionality regarding XML Editing in RSuite
- Answering questions and chatting about pertinent topics in our regular "Users Helping Users" segment.
You can request a seat by visiting https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8377680845092700674.