Eliot Kimber, senior solutions architect at RSI Content Solutions, spends most of his days helping publishers implement RSuite CMS, proselytizing DITA For Publishers, testing XML-to-EPUB3 conversions, and tending to his brood of hens and rooster. In his spare time he wrote a book: DITA For Practitioners, Volume 1, Architecture and Technology published by XML Press. On behalf of all his co-workers, congratulations Eliot!
Eliot has spent the past 25 years entrenched in generalized markup languages. He was one of the founding members of the XML Working Group, a co-editor of the HyTime standard (with Charles Goldfarb and Steve Newcomb), a long-time member of the XSL-FO working group, and most recently, a founding member of the DITA Technical Committee.
The goal of this book is to provide a detailed look at DITA aimed at engineers, tools builders, and content strategists – anyone who designs, implements, or supports DITA-based systems – as well as experienced DITA authors who want a deeper understanding of the technology they are using.
Publishers understand the value of XML but sometimes the cost of entry into an early XML workflow is difficult, expensive, and time consuming. The open source project DITA for Publishers combined with RSuite CMS changes everything.
DITA is a sophisticated XML-based application architecture for authoring, producing, and delivering information. While enthusiastically adopted in the TechDoc world, DITA is less understood among traditional publishing organizations. Until now. DITA specialist Eliot Kimber and technology evangelist Christopher Hill are hosting a webinar in March that details how RSuite CMS and the open source project, “DITA for Publishers" is the toolset that launches publishers into the XML world and why this is critical. DITA’s unique extensibility architecture makes it a better business value than any comparable XML alternative. Eliot and Chris' enthusiasm combined with a straight-forward approach to CMS and DITA, will have you starting to take DITA seriously.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
How Successful Publishers Deliver Content: RSuite CMS & DITA for Publishers
Panelists: Eliot Kimber & Christopher Hill
Really Strategies' employees Eliot Kimber and Christopher Hill will speak at this week's Intelligent Content Conference in Palm Springs, California. Intelligent Content is a 3-day learning experience designed to help attendees understand what is required to create intelligent content: content designed to be structurally rich and semantically categorized, automatically discoverable, reusable, reconfigurable, and adaptable to any future functionality.
Eliot Kimber, senior solutions architect at Really Strategies will present, “DITA for Publishers: Intelligent Content Starts Here.” In this session, Eliot will introduce his project DITA for publishers, and detail how DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) can be the toolset that launches publishers into the XML world in a way that is affordable and easy.
Christopher Hill, vice president of product management, will take part in a software demonstration that illustrates how DocZone Book Publisher is used to automate print and ebook production, highlighting DocZone’s multilingual features as well as its ease of use. DocZone Book Publisher is also a gold sponsor of the event in Palm Springs, California.
DocZone is the industry’s first award-winning software as a service (SaaS) XML content management system designed for technical publishers. This month marks the 6th year of serving the DITA-based tech community. We're proud to have an annual 98% renewal rate among customers such as Texas Instruments, General Electric, Johnson & Johnson, Agfa Healthcare, Citrix, Epson America, Kyocera, TechProse, Unica Corporation, and many others.
DocZone provides a SaaS platform for authoring, editorial review, localization, and single-source publishing. TechProse
, a full service technical writing, training, and instructional design consulting service company
“Using the automated publishing to PDF and HTML5 Help available in DocZone, we decreased the cost to publish content to multiple output channels by 15%. Further, by taking advantage of DocZone’s DITA reuse features we decreased the cost to author and maintain content by an additional 35%. The overall savings per year to update the documentation is now 50% and growing as we mature our processes!"
Want to see DocZone for yourself?
Why business units can’t or don’t commit to a Content Management System (CMS)?
Our friends at the independent consulting firm, TechProse, are conducting a survey for a presentation at the spring DITA North America Conference. All professionals who are involved with content management are invited to participate. As a survey participant, you can receive the results via email. The results could be helpful if you're planning a content management initiative and need to put the R in your ROI!
Click here to take the survey.